PDA

View Full Version : Bringing my own musky rod this year

BrentB
05-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Hey Steve, looks like we will be seeing you in August, this time id like to bring my own Musky rod this year, and would like to ask you if you had to choose to bring 1 rod for musky what would the length and action be so i know what rod holder i have to bring to accomodate the length for transport.Thanks

Steve Herbeck
05-28-2010, 06:36 AM
if i could only bring one rod length and action for most typical aug fishing applications i would probably pick out an 8 1/2" med hvy or heavy leaning more to hvy if you're going to have 10's or big rubber depending upon how the particular manufacturer designates thier actions..
if you're not throwing 10's or big rubber med hvy would be fine
most heavy actions are not so heavy you can't efficiently throw just about any size blade bait,topwater,or crank,but still heavy enough to throw all but the very biggest rubber and swim baits.

BrentB
05-29-2010, 02:13 AM
Ok thanks, ill probably look into st croix or another good reputable brand, Whats the big diff. in a reg. st croix and the legend tournament besides the nice blue hahahahaha

Steve Herbeck
05-29-2010, 07:42 AM
the action weights are similar but the tournament actions are more bait type or application specific.for instance the slingblade has more butt, quicker tip for thowing big blades and power while figure 8ing and there are other design,material differences that make them a bit lighter but
the premier is designed to be more general use and will certainly do the job.