PDA

View Full Version : Capt. Fritz

Captain Fritz Peterson
05-26-2010, 07:23 AM
The King Salmon fishing is starting. We went out yesterday for a few hours in the afternoon to make a test run to make sure everything is working well. We had 6 fish on and landed 5, the biggest King was 20lbs. There are Rainbows, Kings and Lake Trout out there right now. If you are looking for a mix bag what a great time to go fishing. We just happen to be open this Memorial Day weekend also.

Walleye fishing is still going good. I have been starting to use more crawler harnesses with a good response from the Walleyes. I have been getting some Jumbo Perch on the harnesses and crank baits also so there must be a good number around the area I am fishing.

Some Bass are off the beds now and fishing them is getting more interesting. I am seeing more Large Mouth Bass in some areas which I think is great. It makes the fishery more diverse, so if you happen to catch these Large Mouth please put them back or release them till there numbers increase.

I have talked to some friends that fish Muskies and they are really excited about the Sat. Opener with all the Muskies being seen around it should be a great opener.
Good Luck Everybody
Capt. Fritz