PDA

View Full Version : June Meeting

Rob VanGorder
05-24-2010, 10:33 PM
I know it is early and we have a tournament before our June meeting, but I wanted to post a couple things about our upcoming meeting Tuesday June 8th. We will be meeting at the Alum Creek Marina Hollenback boat ramp at 6 pm. We will eat, have a short meeting and then enjoy an evening of fishing. We made a change to doing our summer meetings at the lake to June and July this year (from July and August) for a variety of reasons (more daylight, water temps, casting options, etc.), but I wanted to make sure everyone gets this one on their calendar. Like all our meetings, they are open to the public and everyone is welcome.

Dinner will be served at 6 pm near the ramp. A group of Boy Scouts from Troop 844 (Alum Creek Church) will be cooking, serving and cleaning up from dinner. The club will be buying the food, but the boys will take care of the rest including providing some cookies/etc. for dessert. There will be a donation jar at the food line. Please plan to "tip" our cooks and serving staff whatever you feel is appropriate. All donations collected at dinner will be given to the Scout Troop and it will be divided equally into the individual scout accounts of the boys who work the event for us, which will help pay for their participation in monthly campouts, outings and summer camp.

We don't do a monthly lure raffle at our lake meetings but we will have one raffle at this June meeting. On behalf of the club, I recently applied for and received a $500 ODNR Step Outside Grant for our Youth Event and we also have one nice donation to help buy fish, rod and reels for the kids, and dinner. However, we could still use more funding. If you attended the Chapter Challunge at Salt Fork, you know that Elmer Heyob was the lucky winner of one of the Lure Board drawings. I don't remember how many lures were in the lot, but I helped him load them and it took two bags to get them all. Elmer has graciously donated these lures back to the club to support our July Youth Event and we will do a raffle for these lures at the ramp. We will sell tickets and it will be winner takes all. Thank you Elmer!

I hope to see everyone at our Russ Dodridge Tournament on Alum June 5-6, and then we'll see you at the meeting Tuesday night the 8th.

Good Luck on the water!

Rob

Rob VanGorder
06-07-2010, 09:38 PM
30-40% chance of rain means a 60-70% chance it will not rain. Don't let the weather scare you away. Your boat isn't dried out yet from this past weekend anyways.

Rain or shine the Boy Scouts will have dinner ready to go at 6 PM. Hope to see everyone there.