PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Muskie Matt

Sid Chigger
05-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Hey guys - We Chiggers have a song about the first time we met MM.. 2007 Labor Day weekend.. Big Daddy (Brian) & myself (Steve) & Bucky (dog) from Nashville joined by our bud Dylan (Tom) from Milwaukee.. We were staying with the folks @ Gypsy Villa on Cranberry Lake and had rented one of their pontoons for the week. Also prior to our arrival we searched the web for area guides, found Matt's site, liked what we saw and booked a whole day guide trip..

We got there a couple days before our guide day to find the Gypsy folks put us on their 30' pontoon (barge) that was equipped with a serious 35hp motor and plastic patio furniture.. Needless to say there was plenty of room on that pontoon for us three (plus the dog) and Matt.. I think sometimes the front end of the boat was in a different zip code than the back end.. LOLOL.

Anyway, we were staying in one of the "villa's" on Cranberry Island ("Villa" was a stretch) where we got all of 1.7 TV channels neither of which was the weather channel, so, we had no idea of what was coming..

I believe the guide day was on Monday - Labor Day itself.. Matt was to come to our "villa", dock his boat and off we'd all go on the barge.. We wondered why the barge had 6 anchors - we were soon gonna find out...

The rest of the story (while somewhat embellished) is now set to song..

Have a listen to Howlin Wind (http://www.songramp.com/mod/mps/srplayer.php?type=hipriv&trackid=56537) - it should start playing soon as the window opens..

Matt - I know ya didn't like the early version... I added a tag to the end that I hope makes ya happy!! :-) Probably won't though.. LOLOL

Rawk On!

Jeremy Hopland
05-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Great tune boys!!!

Crypto
05-24-2010, 08:49 PM
Fantastic !!!

Need to pipe out that tune on the fishin barge going up and down the E.R. Chain. Wouldn't that be a hoot!

Then have Matt pluck away on the banjo to boot!

Good Job!

Crypto

WildEagleDerek
05-29-2010, 03:29 AM
Cool stuff Chiggers! I absolutely enjoy listening to all of your songs related to your Northwoods adventures!!! See ya soon Chiggers!