PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report 5-24-10

Justin Mullins
05-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Well it looks like they are making some real progress on dropping the lake. At the rate they are going now it should be close to summer pool by the end of the week. I just wish we could get some clouds or something instead of all this sunshine it just makes for short periods of fishing early and late with burn up in between!!

Over the weekend I got on some fish trolling over the weeds. There was a lot bait over the weeds on the flats and I decided to troll it to cover more water and it worked we ended up with 4. Then there was a bite going on in the bushes also. I also saw some action going on out over the weeds casting bull dawgs, and cowgirls. Bottom line is things are going on.. I still have not seen a really big fish yet. Crash guided yesterday and they caught 1 out of the bushes and lost a super nice fish upper 40's. All weekend when I trolling the flats I couldn't believe nobody was fishing the bushes at all. Everyone was casting over the weeds as I'm sure it was paying off for them but I couldn't believe they didn't fish the brush..

This week will be the week for fishing here. Theses fish will rock and roll now that the water is coming down and pulling the fish out to edge of bushes. I know it's a bad week due to all the traffic for a holiday weekend but we take what we get. NO QUESTION these fish move this week.. The good thing about things is that bite will early and late which should rule out the traffic issue from the holiday..

We have some used rods and reels that everyone ask for so stop in and check them out.. Make sure you stop in and see some lures too.. Good luck this week and weekend I'm sure there will be some really nice fish taken this week..

MuskyHutch
05-26-2010, 12:19 AM
Hey Justin......ya think once the water stabilizes near summer pool the topwater bite will turn on?!?!?

Justin Mullins
05-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Hey man I have no idea.. Right now things are day to day for me. I know fish are moving on flats over the weeds right now.. If that happens I will post something on here..

MuskyHutch
05-28-2010, 12:58 AM
Aren't you like, the all knowing musky guide?!?! hahahahaha We'll be down June 6th, 7th and 8th......we'll be stopping in to see ya's!!!