PDA

View Full Version : May 23 report

walleyemaxx
05-24-2010, 08:06 AM
Hi everyone,

Spent some time yesterday looking for some new spots, I checked out some mid depth bog flats by drifting over them. I marked a lot of fish, but could not get them to hit. Saw a few clouds of bait fish, so I was encouraged by that.

After a few hours of not getting the fish in the deeper water to bite, I went to one of my favorite weed flats, and in about an hour had two nice perch and one 15" walleye. That was enough for a meal, so I called it a day. caught all the fish on jig and leechs. The minnows and crank baits were not effective. the water temp is now up to 65 degrees, and the bug hatches are now starting to go in full force. I'm thinking that it will soon be a strong leech bite.

Fishing the the Chippewa Flowage is never boring. I enjoyed watching the Loons, Eagles, Ducks, Geese, and cranes flying around. And with the wild shore line, I always watch for wildlife. Just a reminder, the Does are dropping their fawns right now, so be carefull driving. I saw some new born fawns running across the road several times on the way home.

Walleyemaxx