PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Eagle Lake....

ILGreenhead
05-11-2010, 09:28 PM
1. Is Eagle a dark stained lake or clear or both?
2. What (specific) lures are typically hot in mid August?
3. What colors are typically hot for Eagle normally?
4. Is there a grocery store in Dryden or VB??

Steve Herbeck
05-12-2010, 07:42 AM
eagle has everything from gin clear lake trout water to coffe colored slop and everything in between.
within our reasonable fishing range we have clear to green with the water visability right by camp at about 2-4' depending on time of year and amount of wind.

there are grocery stores both in vb and dryden

if you go back through posts there will be numerous posts on recomended baits for various species and /or pop me back a post on which species you are refering to and i'll get right back.

Steve Herbeck
05-12-2010, 06:39 PM
sorry man when in checked site and answered i had all kinds of stuff going on associated with getting camp opened,none of which was good and not near enough time.
walleyes-jigs,rigs,spinner rigs for structure fishing minnows and crawlers,cranks for suspended fish
muskies-topwater,tails,dawgs,cranks,jerkbaits you name it it could be happening it's a time of the year where we are fishing weeds,rocks both shallow and deep and it depends on conditions and what the fish are telling us
bass,jigs and minnows,tubes,drop shot,cranks
pike, some suspended with baitfish and walleyes so cranks get the nod lots will also be on the reefs with the walleyes so big minnows/suckers on a lindy rig with heavy floro leader 17-20#, there will be a few big ones on the rocks with the muskys so what ever you're throwing and also some in the weeds so jerks,spinnerbaits,tails
trout,will be deep so spoons ,cranks,and cowbells