PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report 5-10-10

Justin Mullins
05-10-2010, 05:45 AM
Well this was a nice cold front that came in over the weekend. I thought it was going to snow yesterday morning.. COLD!! The rest of the week looks great with some nice temps and a little rain since we need it!! HA

A lot of fish have moved into the bushes and there are still a ton that have not. I have been mixing up trolling along with casting. Like I said in my short report earlier I try to find places that doesn't have a lot of water behind the front edge. The reason behind this is the fish are going to be in the 2-4 foot range so if your casting to front edge in 20 feet of water your probably not going to do well unless you can get the bait through some holes in the brush in a little more shallow water. I managed to get 2 over the weekend upper 30's with about a hand full of follows. Crash's boat got a couple in the 30's with about the same amount of follows. The cold front seemed to down the fish a little which I didn't expect with the water being up things are usually different with these conditions.

The cold front did drop the water temp down a little to 63-64 from 67-68 which is good it just prolongs great fishing. One of my fish over the weekend came from trolling the outside edge of brush. This is a good thing to do right now and don't forget to go a little deeper and troll over the weeds that we would be fishing right now if the water was not up. I have seen a lot of bait and big marks all over the place out there everywhere I go. The water is a little merkey not bad and some spots are clear. I have not seen anything floating in the water the last couple days so there is no danger there.

Baits casting Super Stalker, Hell Hound, 1oz Spinnerbait, Cowgirl, Baby Medussa

Trolling Little Ernie, Super Stalkers, Big Spinnerbaits 5-6oz

Good luck this week I look for a lot of fish to be taken with some big ones. We have some used rods and reels in the shop a lot people always ask for them come in and check them out.

They are letting some water out now it's dropping about 6" a day. Remember this does not hurt anything until it gets close to summer pool range which is a long way away..