PDA

View Full Version : Day two report

walleyemaxx
05-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Hi everyone,

Not much to report today. Windy blustery day again today with whitecaps everywhere. Only caught one Walleye, but also caught some nice Bass and a Northern. Every thing was released. Hard to pattern the Walleyes. Today the weeds had Bass and Northerns caught on cranks and spinners, and the Walleye came out deep jigging with a minnow. Pays to be versitle.

I still haven't figured out the picture problem, so no pictures again. Won't be untill Wednesday. But I'll post all the pictures then. I'll be back fishing tommorow, so I'll post another fishing report then Hopefully better than today.

Walleyemaxx
Respect-Earned not given

Blueberry
05-04-2010, 07:32 AM
Hey Maxx, How the heck are you ?? F.M. and I hit it hard last weekend and did pretty well. Not quite the numbers as the last two years but boated 17 walleye saturday morning in our boat. We stuck to the shallow weed edges with minnow tipped jigs. The very early morning hours were most productive. The fishing would really slow down when the sun broke the tree-tops. Sunday morning was not as good. We boated only 4 walleyes, but perfect 15-16"ers. Also landed several nice pike and some dandy crappies. All in all a good opener for us. Already getting anxious to get back up there. Need to put a new water heater in the mobile home next time. Don't think my wife will like not having hot water.
Keep us posted and good luck to all.

walleyemaxx
05-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Hi Blueberry,

Sounds like you had a good opener. Did you catch them at F.M.'s revenge? I didn't have such a hot opener. In fact a very tough one. But I didn't get out early any morning. I tried From shallow weeds to deep structure, and every thing in between. Used leeches,minnows, and even crawlers. Crankbaits, and spinners, drifted, anchored, and still had a tough time determining any kind of a pattern. Oh well, I'll hit her hard again next weekend. I did catch a lot of perch, bass and northerns, so it was a good time. I'll post my results again next weekend.

Walleyemaxx
Respect-Earned not given