PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report 4-28-10

Justin Mullins
04-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Well we finally got some rain that we needed really bad. The lake went from 2 feet below summer pool to 6" above and still rising. The core has opened the gate a little bit but nothing to worry about and plus they catch up to yet any way. The water clarity is clear although I have not been up toward the river so if any merkey water is coming it might show up there tomorrow if I see it I will post it on here. Along with all the rain we also got some really cool nights that has dropped the water temp down to the 58-60 range. Fish have been moving pretty well for the last week with some pretty nice fish showing there self also. It seems if you find weeds you have found the ticket. It doesn't take huge patches to hold a big fish or multiple fish so don't worry a lot of places the weeds are just starting any way. The bait choices have been several ones actually Super Stalker, Shallow Invader, Little Medussa, Bull Dawgs, finally a few fish showing on Cowgirls too. All of the coves and the flats have fish in them.

We have several new baits in the shop so make sure you stop in and check them out. Also don't forget about our spring special we are running you can check it out on the website.

MuskyHutch
04-30-2010, 11:12 PM
I had a 40+ incher following a topwater last week but turned off at boatside! Just wanted to throw that out there.

Justin Mullins
05-01-2010, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the update.. I have thrown a buzz bait some with no luck..

Great to see guys using this board with helpful info.. Good luck if go out this weekend..

MuskyHutch
05-02-2010, 09:42 PM
I forgot to mention.....I'm trying something new this year and gonna throw some old school baits now and again. I think the Musky down there are hip to the same ol' baits everyday?!?! (could be wrong but what can it hurt, right?) So, the topwater I had the follow on was a 9" orange/black creepy crawler with a gold/black flashabou skirt on the back hook......looks damn sweet in the water. Like a muskrat or baby duck paddling along!