PDA

View Full Version : Missing Fishermen

Luke McGarry
04-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Has anyone heard if they found those two fishermen that were lost by Southshore last week (Tuesday)?

As of Saturday when I was at the lake, the word was that they had not been found yet and the Sheriff was telling tournament guys what to do if they found them.

I've not heard of it taking this long for someone to bob to the surface.

Luke

eagle17
04-27-2010, 12:32 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I am coming up Thursday for a week, and need to know if I should be keepng a eye out for this. My wife is freaking out and saying she doesn't want to fish if they have not found them.

Luke McGarry
04-29-2010, 09:51 AM
If you notice anything floating, which you should anyway, just stay far away. Don't tell her if you see anything.

Luke

Jerry Tipping
05-01-2010, 07:17 AM
One of the missing were recovered on Friday.

Jerry

Luke McGarry
05-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Well, I hope they find the other one soon. One up, the other should be soon to follow would be my guess. I am surprised that they took so long to come up. The water temp is probably the reason for that.

If the other one doesn't come up soon, then what? Do you assume he wasn't in the water after all? Hmmmm.

Keep your eyes open.

Luke

wakingchaos13
05-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Divers recovered the second body today near where the first was found. This was such an unfortunate tragedy, and a lesson learned to always be safe and aware of the conditions on not just CR but all lakes in general.

Luke McGarry
05-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Yes, it is unfortunate.

I wonder though, if the weather was supposedly the worst so far, why would they not have PFD's on? I assume that if they were wearing PFD's that they would have stayed afloat. Or am I wrong about how reliable a PFD is.

Luke

wakingchaos13
05-03-2010, 07:37 PM
I was up at the house the weekend they went missing and there were 3ft whitecaps on the river going torwards the dam, I can't even imagine how big they were on that part of the lake. I think that the PFD's would have kept them afloat, however with the water temp at what is was, they would have died of hypothermia before they were found. The fact that it took song long to find them means either they weren't wearing them or were ejected and didn't have the ability to put them on.