PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report 4/21/2010

Mike Allen
04-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Bowling season for me (Mike, own a bowling center) is just about over, so my reports will be more frequent. Went out fishing myself for the first 2 times Monday and Tuesday. On Monday I pulled the rip rap in the morning (6:00 a.m. - 7:30 a.m.) caight 5 and kept 3. I think we got there a little late. Caught the first 3 in 15 minutes. Then we went down and caught our limit pitching jigs around Burning Brule. Also there were 2 boats staying at the motel that caught there limits between Kiowa and the first bend of the river.

On Tuesday we had 2 guide boats out, and myself fishing for fun. One guide boat fished Kiowa flats and limitted out. The other boat and me went up to Lake Sharpe. Both of us did good fishing the Grain Bens and Pump House area (30 feet of water).

I would not call the bite great. Both days we caught around 20 fish. It is the spring and our bite goes up and down until they get out of the spawn. You will get some good and bad reports this time of year, that is normal. Our really good and consistent bite is 2 weeks away on Francis Case and 3 weeks away on Sharpe.

Mike Allen

Mike Allen
04-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Today was tougher for the guys staying at the motel. Not much caught out of the boats there other than our guide Curt. He went out and limitted out in the same area as yesterday. We are fishing really deep on Sharpe and really shallow on Francis Case.

Can't wait for the fish to be done spawning, so we can consistently catch fish on the flats.

Mike Allen

My goal is to make our reports honest and responsible. Thanks for the replies on our site. I will try my best to answer any questions or concerns.