PDA

View Full Version : Boreal Bay - Fishing Report - 4/18

Kevin Nelson
04-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Ice is completely gone here. No guests in our cabins this past week, but they will be arriving over the next few days. We have one 2 bedroom cabin ready to go and still available for this week or weekend. Roughly half of our cabins are open and we will keep setting up a couple more each week.

I managed time to go out on the water a little bit this weekend, mostly playing with a new GPS/Depth finder. It is fun having a depth finder tell me when my lure is about to hit bottom and even more fun when you can watch a fish chasing your lure up and down. I did have one hit trolling and one hit jigging, along with 3-4 chasing while jigging. Looks like the fish are rather spread out - marked a few bigger fish in our bay in 45-50' waters. Marking bait fish working their way up on humps 30-40' and marking bait fish and larger markings near deep 30-50' and 70 - 90' points. Most of the larger markings were scattered and lonely looking fish.

Very calm winds today and mid 60's brought surface temps up to 45 degrees, suspect the surface temps will drop back to upper 30's overnight. Hoping a few more nice days will begin to bunch up the fish, making them a bit easier to catch.

For anyone coming up.... don't forget your Outdoors card. Bait shops are hit and miss for being open this early, so please pick-up your fishing license at first available place along the way.

I think the beavers are taking care of their spring cleaning projects. I collected a few beaver chewed sticks out on the lake, but please be extra careful of them when out on the lakes.

Amy, Jenny and Jean are working with a new puppy named Lily. 8 weeks old Welsh Corgi that weighs about 4 pounds. Suspect they will be adding pictures to the Facebook link this week. I think this means Girlie will become my dog.

Regards,