PDA

View Full Version : Ice out April 10, 2010

Gail Hockett
04-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Hi All,
Steve was at camp on Friday April 9th and the ice was almost gone. Saturday we went back to camp and the ice was completely gone when we arrived, except for just a small piece on the south side of the shore. So I would say offically the ice was out on Saturday, April 10th. I am attaching some pictures that we took and some that Barb and Dick took, they were at camp before us, we met them on the road leaving when we were arriving. Like changing of the guards, in a sense. We are having lots of fun starting to get the camp all ready for your arrival.

Can't wait to see you all.......Gail

P.S. Lyle do we have a winner and as long as I can remember this is the earliest ice out we have had, but true to form the seagulls were here exactly 2 weeks before the ice went out

Gail Hockett
04-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Since Barb and Dick had Mokie and Shiloe at camp and they got in the pictures and I added Dolly and Maggie sitting on the lodge deck, Mia was along so I thought I should add her picture also, as you can see we kept her on a leash, with the Eagle around. This last visit that I was there the Eagle came down by the docks and grabbed what I thought was mud, not sure but sure looks like it must be building a nest. So this summer we will have a Eagle really close to camp.