PDA

View Full Version : Trolling rig

Brent Spence
04-08-2010, 06:46 AM
Well I'm making my "wants list" for this season and I'm going to buy a planer board setup for Lake St. Clair this year. I found some Solid Cedar boards(big ones) on ebay and I bought those. I'm going to a rail mount reel setup instead of the mast (because my wife wants to get a cuddy for Lake Erie/LSC). My question is, what reels should I get, what board line and which release are the best to use? All of my trolling reels will have mono.
Any advice will be apprciated.
thanks
Brent

btw, I went out on Clearfork twice now and I couldn't put any pattern together. Seems pretty slow there

crittergitter
04-08-2010, 07:30 PM
How did the water look over there at CF? I have heard it is a little dirty.

St Clair Hound
04-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Well I'm making my "wants list" for this season and I'm going to buy a planer board setup for Lake St. Clair this year. I found some Solid Cedar boards(big ones) on ebay and I bought those. I'm going to a rail mount reel setup instead of the mast (because my wife wants to get a cuddy for Lake Erie/LSC). My question is, what reels should I get, what board line and which release are the best to use? All of my trolling reels will have mono.
Any advice will be apprciated.
thanks
Brent

btw, I went out on Clearfork twice now and I couldn't put any pattern together. Seems pretty slow there

Brent, check out the Riviera's . Thats what I use in a rail mount up here on St Clair.

Brent Spence
04-10-2010, 04:55 AM
How did the water look over there at CF? I have heard it is a little dirty.

Very good clarity for this time of year. East end was more clear than the west end like always.

Brent Spence
04-10-2010, 04:55 AM
Brent, check out the Riviera's . Thats what I use in a rail mount up here on St Clair.

Will do! thanks!