PDA

View Full Version : April "Lunker of the Month"

alleycatlures
04-03-2010, 12:27 PM
I know it's a little early to be laying claim to April's “Lunker of the Month” especially since it is only April 3rd and all, but I think I've got this one in the bag. This is is my personal best at Alum after 15 years. In March, my 45” got beat by a 1/4” but this is a new month and I don't think anyone's gonna come close to this one!

Today at Alum around noon I landed a 72” muskie...........................Club President.

During the high winds today while docking his boat Rob decided to take a dive (very gracefully I might add) into the lake. After much thrashing and multiple runs to the boat I finally landed him and was able to release him unharmed to his wife at the top of the boat ramp.

Although this was good for a laugh at Rob's expense, it shows how quick something can go wrong at the dock in high winds. Be careful out there, the water is still cold!

Cliff Honeycutt

Mark Steinert
04-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Now That Is Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob VanGorder
04-04-2010, 12:38 AM
When I got out of bed and told my wife I was going fishing again, she said "You must think you walk on water." I had to prove her wrong.

Two lessons learned:

1.) Stepping onto the end of a floating dock in the teeth of a 30+ mph wind is dangerous.

2.) If you are going to go in the drink, don't do it around someone who will post it on the message board.

Cliff, thanks again. Despite the publicity I knew would come, I really appreciate you being there. Bad deal, good outcome, and we get to laugh about it for a long time.

See you on the water (not in it)!

Happy Easter,

Rob

St Clair Hound
04-04-2010, 04:00 AM
Boat ramps can be a great place to spend an afternoon. Its a lot better than a comedy show. Glad things worked out for the best and only egos were bruised. Play safe out there!