PDA

View Full Version : Tough Fishing

Chad Cain
03-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Wow have things gotten tough the last few days!! After getting a 46" on Monday, and a couple fish on Tuesday, we haven't gotten a thing since then. We got skunked on Wednesday, Thursday, and again today. Any one finding the magic pattern?? We even fished til about 10pm on Thursday, with no luck.

ILBOB
03-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Fished local lake all day yesterday. Water temps 47 -48 degrees. Rat-l-traps shallow and never saw a fish. Definately out of "fishing shape" - hands and back are sore. Talked with a couple of other fisherman with same results with one boat not seeing a fish for 2 days of fishing.

Maybe post spawn will be better.

hawkeye9
03-21-2010, 10:19 AM
Wow...that surely makes me feel a bit better. I fished Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Actually I had my 7 year-old step-grandson and Dad with me on Friday. While the little man has been in the boat for more than two years casting, this is the first year for a baitcaster. He did great, but as one can imagine I spent plenty of time worrking with him (especially with 3 in the boat). Next time I'll put him on a longer rod and he'll be good to go. Funny though...with his small hands he was much more comfortable with a push button as opposed to anything with a lever. Did a little crappie fishing as well just to keep the little guy entertained.
Anyway, I had a ton of confidence in what I was doing. Thursday (by myself)...nothing. Never saw a fish. Friday...missed two hook-ups. One was definetely my fault. I just blew it (would like to blame the little man for my lack of concentration, but it wouldn't really be true...I wasn't paying close enough attention to what I was doing). The second was tight to heavy wood. Just didn't manage to get the pins in her. One in Paul Ice and one in Johnson's. Only two fish we saw. Tons of boats on the water. Especially on the North end which seemed a bit strange to me, but whatever.
Ended up going on Saturday, despite the tourney. My Dad and I in the boat. Caught a 34 and 37.5. Saw quite a lot of action. In fact, Dad had a fish clear the water looking for his bait. No dice though. Several blow-ups. All on the north end. Don't know for sure, but I saw alot of long looks from tourney anglers. We hadn't planned to get to the water until afternoon, but with the call for weather we started early and fished till around 5:00. Kinda wished I had fished till dark. Believe there was another fish to be caught.

Hoffy49
03-21-2010, 12:53 PM
We fished on Thursday and had one follow. A few other fisherman we spoke to had similar experience's and others had no luck at all.

Friday we fished with Chad and there was not so much as a follow. If we couldn't land a fish with Chad than its doubtful anyone else was having much success either.

Chad,

It was nice to meet you. My son and I enjoyed the day with you on the lake. You're one of those people you meet that you feel like you have known them for a long time.

Dan

jdzecr
03-21-2010, 06:28 PM
It sounds like the lake has been getting plenty of pressure. Just wondering were heading down from northern wi and are very excited to get on the water. Is it memorial day busy or what? Any tips on baits would help to! Good luck fellas

no limit
03-22-2010, 11:41 AM
We fisihed 3 boats 6 of us Fri and Sat. Tried everything we could think of. Lock jaw.

Spoke with guides and 20 others. Nothing happening, aware of 4 fish caught over 3 days.

Always next, week full moon

Good Luck

WindyCityKen
03-22-2010, 11:43 AM
All sounds the same..... fished Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Moved a small fish on Friday, and a nice fish at moonrise on Saturday, but no hookups.

Docktor
03-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Chad,

35" on the 19th, 40" on the 20th, raised a third (+40") on the 20th. Both fish in the boat came on hellhounds retrieving slow and easy as possible. 7-10 fow and in the stumps. Good luck!

Kurt

larry bird
03-22-2010, 02:16 PM
we had a 30 in. on the 18th., a 35 in. on the 19th., a 35 in. on the 20th.all were caught on a red rattle trap around stumps in 10 foot water. we had no other bites. larry bird