PDA

View Full Version : Quick Fishing Report 3/15/10!

Shane & Cathy
03-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Well everyone is getting the itch for open water fishing. Cathy and I are too, so we hit a couple of the dams to see if anything was going on. First we stopped at prides for some walleye. There were a couple people there, but pretty slow. Then we decided to run up to Bradley dam to check out the perch bite. Some bobber fishermen there and a few trucks going by to see if anything was happening. We gave it about an hour and no fish, not even a nibble. So, there you go, still to early. We'll have to wait and see what the weather does. See you at the dams!
Good Luck,
Shane

jimr
03-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Well everyone is getting the itch for open water fishing. Cathy and I are too, so we hit a couple of the dams to see if anything was going on. First we stopped at prides for some walleye. There were a couple people there, but pretty slow. Then we decided to run up to Bradley dam to check out the perch bite. Some bobber fishermen there and a few trucks going by to see if anything was happening. We gave it about an hour and no fish, not even a nibble. So, there you go, still to early. We'll have to wait and see what the weather does. See you at the dams!
Good Luck,
Shane

Where is Bradley dam, and were you on the pond side of pride or the boat ramo side?

Shane & Cathy
03-16-2010, 02:03 PM
To get to Bradley head out north of town to hwy 8 then hang a left. Follow 8 until you hit county Y, go right on Y, you'll go over a couple of sets of rail road tracks then you want to hang a right on Nokomis Rd. It will be the first road after the tracks.

To answer your other question we were fishing the dam side, where all of the big rocks are. We were using jigs and fatheads.

Good Luck,
Shane

Fin Bender
03-16-2010, 02:36 PM
I've heard guys say that the River between the herb mitchell landing and Prides is nasty rock filled. How bad is it? Am I likely to damage my boat or lower unit on that ride?

Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop
03-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Take it easy the first time and have a buddy watch for rocks as you go up river, not that bad.
Dave

supra8795
03-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Is lake Alice still frozen over? Whats the forcast suppose to be the next few weeks up there? We are heading up in early May. Hopefully the fish are biting then.