PDA

View Full Version : Old/infirm/need Help

dpear
02-22-2010, 05:46 PM
For the benefit of us old,infirm,senile bedridden types could you please give a report on anything 'new'to musky fishing that showed up at the Shows?Lures?Rods?Reels?Electronics?
Hurry up,we don't have long.

fishwizard
02-22-2010, 06:23 PM
I don't know if they are that new, or if I've just not seen them till recently, but there are two baits that I would like to try out. One is the Tin Head, which is nothing but a larger reshaped jitterbug, but that reshaping and muskie sizing is what makes all the difference. The other is a Livid Fish, which is again nothing but a muskie sized version of a lazy ike, but once again size does matter. These are certainly not ground breaking advancements in the lure department, but I like the looks of both of them in the water. I'm sure there is much cooler, more interesting stuff out there than this that some of the Bay Store Pros will tell us about, but figured that since I check this site a couple times a day I might as well give this post a start so I have something new to read.

Ryan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWeLi2SJ650

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hi00FECnQs

fishwizard
02-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Oh, and I might add that one thing I like about both of these two lures is that they work themselves, so basically all you'd have to do is reel them. This goes well with the reality that the more muskies I catch, the lazier I get at trying to catch them. Not to mention, that I don't want to grow up to have Pearson Thumbs.

Ryan

dpear
02-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Good going Mr Wizard.The 'Tin Head' should do it.Appropriate name for most muskie people as well.

fishwizard
02-24-2010, 11:50 PM
What? No one else has seen anything interesting at the shows? What about all you Chicago Boys who always cry for Frank to come down and set up his booth? Didn't you see anything that Dick needs to get in order to complete his collection? None of the top-notch Minnesota and Wisconsin Guides who come up to Frank's have the inside word on any new stuff?

dpear
02-25-2010, 03:54 PM
'Dick needs'???????????????? Yes,I still have those I guess.
Wizard,guess this just confirms the Muskie World is dead.Imagine 'rough fish' designation is just around the corner.:(

Frank Walsh
03-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Here's his new electronics package for 2010. Courtesy of Dennis of course.

Illinois Dennis
03-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Pearson will be all over this, he can finally get rid of that stupid rock & rope.

EBay Dick, know what that is? Maybe Betsy will help you.

dpear
03-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Great.I knew there had to be something new coming out of the Muskie Shows!
Might be a tad more sophisticated than the Lowrances I have but the price is right.Hope it's Navionics compatible.

Illinois Dennis
03-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Dick Pearson and Lowrance.... that's as tight as.....
Tiger Woods and Gatorade, or....
Tiger Woods and Gillette, or....
Tiger Woods and Accenture.

Thought you might like the new gear. Bad news is, looks like you will be buying your own gear for another year.