PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Card....

Frank Walsh
02-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Was up in Kenora yesterday and purchased my 2010 fishing license. It is a little more than the old credit card receipt that you used to get when they used embossing machines. Was told by the salesperson that we are required to carry the Outdoor Card while fishing.

Illinois Dennis
02-23-2010, 07:18 AM
Frank, us occasional visitors don't need that Outdoor card, correct? Thought that was for residents.

balsl6
02-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Pretty sure everyone needs the outdoor card. If you bought a license last year you should already have one or it should be somewhere in the system on its way to you.

It took almost 6 months for me to get mine?

I think it was $9 for 3 years.

Pikebob
02-24-2010, 08:00 AM
Way I understand it too, if you fish, you need one. My card took quite a while to come, but the paperwork came for it the same time my license showed up, said card would show up later, it was there, later.

The canadians just want a way to identify the body after wash up on shore.

pikebob

fishwizard
02-25-2010, 12:02 AM
Well I've moved since I bought my last Ontario license, and they didn't forward my card to me yet. So, I went on the MNR website to see about an address change and they want me to give my card number in order to do so, which obviously I don't have. Then I tried going to the page to apply for a new card and it says that only Canadian residents over the age of 18 need an outdoors card. Not sure what is right on them, so I'll call their number 1-800-387-7011 tomorrow to find out what the deal is.

Ryan

dpear
03-18-2010, 03:59 PM
So Wizard,what did you find out?
Never got mine-then maybe I never got a license last year either.Some years i forget.

fishwizard
03-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Nothing yet, first time I called I had trouble getting through, then put it on the back burner and forgot about it. I just called a minute ago and apparently they close at 5pm E.S.T., so I'll give it a try again Monday, if I can remember that is.

Ryan

Frank Walsh
03-19-2010, 05:21 PM
I think for the minimal cost of the Outdoor Card, I would reapply with the next license It should have come by now, although ours took quite a long time. Again, you are required to carry the card when fishing/hunting.

anglefisherman
03-19-2010, 09:44 PM
When I got my license and filled the info fot the outdoors card it didn't show up for the longest time. I finally callled them and they sent it to the wrong address so it got returned to them. I then gave them my address again and it showed up in a few days. I'm not sure if this is the number I called because it was long ago, but this is the info number on the back of the card.
1-800-387-7011

Illinois Dennis
03-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Mine never showed up from previous lic purchase. I didn't have a choice at Sprague, you had to purchase another Outdoor card since I didn't have one. See if this one shows up this year.

fishwizard
03-23-2010, 01:57 PM
I called them today and I just had to update my address for their database, because they'd sent my card to my old address, but somehow it was never forwarded or returned, and the gal told me that I should see my new card in abooot 20 days.

Ryan

dpear
03-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Ditto here-said about 20 days for both Bets and I.
Gar,that was the number,thanks.

Frank Walsh
03-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Same government that runs their health care?????

dpear
03-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Now,now Frankie be nice.The 'new' Healthcare(aka the 'Phil Bill') is looking better and better.If Bets and I each get a prescription drug payment of $250(aka the 'poor mans bail out') I'll be able to fill my boat up and donate the rest to the Republicans.Sweet!!!:)

NETim
03-31-2010, 04:44 PM
My "outdoor card" with some stupid bassy looking fish on it sez on the back:

"This card must be accompianied by the appropriate licenses."

Don't leave home without it.