PDA

View Full Version : Panfish Bite - Lincoln County

Todd Bohm
02-13-2010, 09:42 PM
I headed up north today with my son Chayden to try out a small lake in Lincoln county that has a reputation for putting out some really big bluegills. I wanted to try some new strategies so with the weathe being so nice, we gave this lake a try. Using Northland tackle's new Hexi-Fly jig tipped with plastic micro noodles and a Jason Mitchell meatstick rod, we were able to entice finicky bluegills and some nice largemouth bass all afternoon. Instead of using our Vexilars, we used Aqua-view cameras to watch our bait and both finicky and hungry fish. It was quite a show watching the various fish come up and either closely scrutinize the bait and then swim away or watch them swim up and just inhale the bait. The best action seemed to be from about 4:00-5:00 pm but we caught fish most of the afternoon. Because this lake is fairly small, we returned all fish to fight another day including the 17" largemouth that inhaled my hexi-fly after what seemed about a two minute stare-down. Take a kid fishing.

See you on the water
Todd