PDA

View Full Version : anybody planning any Summer trips?

Brent Spence
02-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Weather like this always make me look forward spring and summer. Planning on many trips to LSC in the summer months with a full week planned for the opener. Also going to do a late fall trip to the U.P. to try to get a real big one.

Cant wait!

alleycatlures
02-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Hope to make a couple more weekends to Detroit this year. Other than that I will probably stick around here. Hopefully we have another good year at Alum! U.P sounds like a good trip, my family used to make yearly trips there when I was a kid, before my muskie bug. The area we stayed was well known for pike but never heard much about muskie. Pike heads lined the outside of every boathouse wall! Good luck if you get up that way.

Cliff

Roughneck
02-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Hey Brent, the cabin fever gettin pretty bad. Me too. I'm tired of all this white stuff and cold weather. can't wait till spring.
I'm thinking about a trip to Corner lake and the Indian lake chain this summer. Its been many years since I've been there and don't know if its as good as it used to be.
Then St. Clair as much as I can. You may see me in A-bay for the opener.
later,
Mark

Muskie51
02-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Mark we are trying to put a group together for the Indian chain in July. Doug

Brent Spence
02-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Hey Brent, the cabin fever gettin pretty bad. Me too. I'm tired of all this white stuff and cold weather. can't wait till spring.
I'm thinking about a trip to Corner lake and the Indian lake chain this summer. Its been many years since I've been there and don't know if its as good as it used to be.
Then St. Clair as much as I can. You may see me in A-bay for the opener.
later,
Mark

I hear you about Anchor bay for the opener. I lost a giant right behind the boat on opening day at about 9am. I think me and my dad are going to try to go to the Cisco chain this fall. Where is the Indian chain? Im going to get to the south shore of LSC in the summer months for sure this year.

Brent

Muskie51
02-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Indian chain is up in western ontario right beside eagle lake. here is the camp that is working out a deal for a group http://www.indianlakelodge.com/index.php?menu_id=5431 They gave us a trip a couple of years ago. as of right now we have 3 guys and can go with as many as 12. If your interested let me know and I can get you more information. He is working out a deal with meals and cost without meals and we do our own cooking, plus our boats vs their boats. Doug

Brian V
02-18-2010, 08:26 PM
Time to get on the musky websites and off the hunting websites.
I would finally like to get up to St. Claire this year. I've never been.
I don't really have anything planned for summer but have trips planned for spring and fall to the New River-WV, New River, NC, Buckhannon River, WV, and Niagara River.
I'll be doing alot of smallie fishing on the New but I always throw a few musky baits in the deeper pools.
Took a look at the spillway this evening. It's still 90% hard water on the surface.

Mark Steinert
02-19-2010, 05:44 AM
A good time to hit St. Claire would be the Ray Demeres tourny. Alot of people are willing to help with tips on where to go and such. It is a great time. If you need any info shoot me an email or give me a call.

Them Muskie Lures
02-22-2010, 10:37 PM
I will be heading to Gods Lake in NE Manitoba in August with my Dad for trophy pike for 5 days. Our last trip produced 12 pike over 41", with the largest 45".

I bought a boat and will be hopefully picking it up on Wednesday,weather permitting. Have been trying for 3 weeks now. I Will definately be fishing at Alum and Clearfork.

Thanks,
Greg

crittergitter
02-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Brent, is your dad planning a trip to LOTW this summer? If so, can you have him get a hold of John. I have asked him a couple times about putting a trip together, and he said your dad usually contacts him to set something up.

Brent Spence
02-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Sadly with my dad getting wacked by GM in august, we're not going to have the money for a LOTW trip. We're actually talking about next year and saving for that one. If you're interested we're spending a week on St. Clair in june and you guys could tag along if you like. The Motel we stay at is only like $55 a night in a decent section.