PDA

View Full Version : It is the start of a new season. 2/2/2010

Mike Allen
02-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Well we are getting geared up for another fishing season. We are expecting another outstanding fishing season. The baitfish numbers are huge. Which means our walleyes are going to be real healthy this season. Last year we had one of the best fishing seasons that we have ever had. We had many days we caught over 200 fish in a day.

We are booking walleye and smallmouth trips daily. Make sure if you have a certain date you want to fish to give us a call so you can get your date. It does not matter if you are an avid fisherman or have never fished, you will have an excellent fishing trip with Allen's.

Just a word of note. Last year Dad's wife Norma came down with lung cancer. She is doing well. Her cancer is in remission. Norma does not have full strength, but she still did alot of hunting this fall, geese, ducks, deer, antelope, and pheasants. Right now they are in Cancun enjoying the nice weather.

Mike Allen

Our fishing tournament is April 24-25, 2010.

green machine
02-09-2010, 04:04 AM
hey mike! I am soo glad that you started posting again!!!! I am so ready for some open water and getting a chance to do some long sticking! I appreciate all the information, especially from some of the BEST walleye fisherman in the COUNTRY!!! Hands down!!!!!!! You guys are simplely the BEST and I can only hope I get a chance to fish we you and Gary this year!!!!! I only can hope and pray for Norma and Gary! My Heart and Prayer's go out to you guys!! Norma is a strong lady and gary is a lucky guy! Sooo the first open water and decent day (like 40's) where there!! Last year it was the first week in Feb....ahhhh.....hopefully soon though...Again thank you to the allen's for helping everyone have a better day on the River..Much Love and see ya soon!!

91reddog
02-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Just a word of note. Last year Dad's wife Norma came down with lung cancer. She is doing well. Her cancer is in remission. Norma does not have full strength, but she still did alot of hunting this fall, geese, ducks, deer, antelope, and pheasants. Right now they are in Cancun enjoying the nice weather.

Mike Allen

Our fishing tournament is April 24-25, 2010.

Mike, Thanks for the update. Everything Ive been seeing is not real rosy so far for 2010, but it has to pick up.

We fished one morning up in the basin for 3 hours, 3 guys and had not one bite. I had maybe 8 fish come up in the vexilar, but couldnt make them go. We seen numerous dead shad frozen in the ice and some that we still alive, but swimming on their sides just under the ice. On could assume that with all the dieing shad, that the eyes were full and not eating our offering.

We have been anxiously watching the weather for a break, but one can assume that with all the snow on the ground out there, that its gonna be slow to warm up.

I think Im making a trip next week, irregardless of the weather conditions, just to get it out of my system.

Sorry to hear about Norma! Glad to hear she is on the mend, especially since its in Cancun!

Anybody been boat fishing yet?

R

tobinhouse
02-13-2010, 11:47 PM
First of all glad to here norma is doing better. we will be there as usual around the first of june. have heard a few of rumors that ice fishing west bend has been great. hope this carrys over to summer. Also hope the fish aren't all caught before we get there.

see you in the summer of 2010

Mark Tobin

Mike Allen
02-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Thanks for all the replies. The ice fishing on Francis Case has been spotty at best. People that have been ice fishing on Sharpe have been pretty quiet on how they are doing, which means they are catching some fish. We had some open water in Jan by the dam. There were some nice fish caught then. Now we are waiting for the weather to break. Everyone is anxious to fish open water.