PDA

View Full Version : Sad News from the Muskie World

Justin Gaudry
02-02-2010, 11:56 AM
The muskie world lost one of its greatest assets over the weekend. Legendary angler, prolific writer and tremendous human being Jack Burns passed away Sunday afternoon as a result of a snowmobile accident.

I was fortunate enough to have met Jack a couple of years ago and have him consider me a friend. I learned more in one day of fishing with him a couple of years ago than I could have on my own in a month. Reading his book last winter helped me put more fish in my boat last summer and fall. We had chatted by email just a couple of weeks ago and he mentioned a snowmobile trip he was planning for the end of January and a trip to Italy he had scheduled for April.

He was a true gentleman. Please say a prayer for his wife, Mary, and the rest of his family. Also remember his best friends/fishing buddies, Rob Kimm and Doug Johnson, in your prayers for comfort. I read on another board that Doug and Jack had planned 20+ days of fishing together so far in 2010.

Let his legacy live on by following the statement he used to close all of his Esox Angler editorial columns:

"Catch a big one and let it go. Let them all go."

Here is a link to a short article related to the accident:
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/159136/