PDA

View Full Version : Ice Fishing Contines Hot

Todd Bohm
12-25-2009, 10:54 AM
With Christmas break in full swing, it was time to get out on the ice for some early season ice fishing in front of this huge winter storm. The fish were biting like crazy as we hit a number of our early season spots. Tuesday night I had the pleasure of taking John Wanta out on a short trip. We ended up catching some really nice northerns pushing 30" and had a great time listening to John's hunting stories from around the United States and Canada. Wednesday a.m. found us checking some new crappie spots and they also were on the bite. Ice conditions were good with a solid 6" of ice. Fishing river channel edges in association with sunken logs or stumps was the ticket. Fish were caught on both tip-downs baited with small crappie minnows and small swedish pimples also baited with crappie minnows. Summer scouting really paid off as I had marked a number of these "wooden honey holes" during open water and was able to use my GPS to get back on them. It was obvious the fish were really relating to this structure as most fish came from just a hand full of the holes. I want to wish all of our friends, clients, and sponsors of Wisconsin Angling Adventures a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Take a kid fishing.

Pictures to follow this weekend

See you on the Water
Todd

Todd Bohm
12-30-2009, 11:54 PM
Tom Keenan at Gander Mountain was awesome. Gander Mountain exchanged my auger and Tom told me this was the second auger brought in with the same problem. I talked with the people at Strikemaster and they have had a lot of problems with the recoil on the starter pull on their augers. The service tech. at Strikemaster also gave me some tips to hopefully prevent this from happening again.

See you on the water
Todd