PDA

View Full Version : navionics Lake of the Woods chip ?

ToddJ
12-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Was wondering if Shoal Lake is on the Lake of the Woods chip.
Thanks

ToddJ
12-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Come on guys,someone here has to have that chip.Shoal Lake is on the north/western side of Lake of the Woods.Depending on water levels the water drains into or out of Shoal Lake.I was just wonding if this lake would happen to be on that card.It is not on their Canada card.There was a bass fisherman there when me and my son was there in July that had a newer Hummingbird unit and it was on his unit.I should have gotten some info then.I have the Lowrance 520C.
Thanks,
Todd

Brent Spence
12-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Todd, I have the LOTW chip.....my boat is in storage and I cant get to it til the weekend. I know Lac Seul and some of the others are on there. If your willing to wait I'll check then.

ToddJ
12-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Brent, That would be great. Let me know when you find out.
Thanks a million,
Todd

Brent Spence
12-17-2009, 06:44 AM
Have you had good luck in shoal? Ive fished Sabaskong quite a few times over the years and I must say theres no place like Lake of the Woods.

ToddJ
12-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Brent, My son and I had a great time at Shoal Lake.We went mainly for Pike fishing.Has been my favorite place in Canada so far.Will go back.I caught my biggest pike there at 38"-18lbs.Most of the pike averaged around 32"x34".
There was a few in the low 40"'s caught while we were there. I would like to find a good pike lake that is closer to home.We went to the French River 2 years ago and all the pike were small.I have seen some flyins that have some good pike fishing (average 40 + ) but man are they expensive.Do you mainly fish for Musky? Have you ever fished Little Vermilion in Ontario ? I hear there is good bass,musky and pike fishing there (www.firesidelodge.com).Let me know if you know of any.

Take care,
Todd

Brent Spence
12-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Brent, My son and I had a great time at Shoal Lake.We went mainly for Pike fishing.Has been my favorite place in Canada so far.Will go back.I caught my biggest pike there at 38"-18lbs.Most of the pike averaged around 32"x34".
There was a few in the low 40"'s caught while we were there. I would like to find a good pike lake that is closer to home.We went to the French River 2 years ago and all the pike were small.I have seen some flyins that have some good pike fishing (average 40 + ) but man are they expensive.Do you mainly fish for Musky? Have you ever fished Little Vermilion in Ontario ? I hear there is good bass,musky and pike fishing there (www.firesidelodge.com).Let me know if you know of any.

Take care,
Todd
Todd, I didnt make it over to the boat last weekend but I have to go over for sure on christmas so I'll look then. I mainly fish muskies but I enjoy bass and pike anytime I can catch them. We actually ran into a mojor cold front that lingered one july on sabaskong and we trolled up some very big northerns down in Gohere bay. We didnt measure but a few were in the 38-40" range. I'll see if I can dig those pics out. Its funny you should bring up Little Vermillion. I havent been there but my dad and my brother went about 10 years and they had a ball. They didnt catch any big muskie but they caught alot of northerns and bass. They said the smallies are like swarms up there. They also said and they still say, that alan and audry were some of the best they've ever stayed with in canada. Muskies though, Ive found Sabaskong bay and St. Clair to be my favriots.

over christmas Ill check shoal and Ill see if the little V is on there as well.

ToddJ
12-24-2009, 11:51 PM
I got an email from Navionics and they said parts of it is on their Canada Prem. card.

Thanks,
Todd