PDA

View Full Version : Ontario outdoors card

AlSmith
12-12-2009, 06:53 AM
I'm sure someone else has recieved theirs already, what treats await us next year with this little piece of plastic?

Al

dpear
12-12-2009, 07:51 AM
Hi Al!
Not me,in fact I'm so forgetful I'm not sure if there's something I need to do about the card yet.Uncle Frank may have to help.
He shared your pics with me=fabulous!!!Nice deer as well.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Dick

Frank Walsh
12-12-2009, 08:09 AM
Wrong Al Smith with the deer. We are blessed with two different characters with the same name. This Al Smith would feed the deer. Not the other way around. Ha....ha....ha....

I'm not totally sure myself. Allegedly, we will now be able to order our fishing licenses ( and other privileges) on line. One would assume the card would now be presented to the clerk when purchasing a new license in person at the counter.

Other than that, I have no idea. I would assume there is no need to carry it, and produce it to a CO.. Possession of a valid license would assume you have an Outdoor Card. I already have enough crap in my wallet. Especially with that pack of Trojans I've been carrying since high school. And those great photographs that came with the wallet. That are far better looking than my family.

dpear
12-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Well I guess two Als is fine but what if you had 2 Dicks.
Think about it.
Frank,then you could carry two packs.

dougj@wiktel.com
12-13-2009, 12:09 PM
I thought I had read this somewhere in the rules and regulations.

I find this little note in the Ontario MNR website.

"You must carry your Outdoors Card and fishing licence tag on your person whenever you are fishing. If a Conservation Officer asks to see your Outdoors Card, the law states you must show it."

Other than that I think you can use it to order a fishing license on-line. I think it's mostly another form of taxation.

Doug Johnson

jimmyb
12-14-2009, 09:52 AM
I got mine as well.