PDA

View Full Version : Ice Fishing Tourney!

ace1morpheus
12-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Greetings! I am a volunteer for the Wildlife Prairie State Park in Hanna City (just outside of Peoria) Illinois. I have been given the task of helping organize some fishing tournaments here in some of the land that the Park owns. Unfortunately, I am not very wise in the ways of fishing tournaments. I have now done a great deal of research online and have looked over the state guidelines for tournaments but am reaching out to whoever will answer for tips, suggestions, ideas, advice and most importantly, things not to do. In particular I am looking to find a calendar or listing of fishing events in Illinois or more specifically Central Illinois so as not to schedule our event in conflict with other like events. Any help I can get on this matter or any related would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Scott Carlson

ace1morpheus
12-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Hello all. I wanted to inform all of you that the 1st Annual Wildlife Prairie State Park Ice Fishing Tournament is a go! We are scheduled for February 6th and the tournament will be from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. Any questions or comments?

ace1morpheus
12-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Actually I have a couple of questions for anyone that would like to answer

1. How much money would you pay to participate in an ice fishing tournament, particularly one that is a catch and keep, on a lake that is usually off-limits for fishing?

2. Do you think that an awards dinner immediately after the tournament is a good idea?

3. What kind of prizes are typical for this sort of event?
Thanks,
Scott