PDA

View Full Version : Ice

luv2brw
12-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Just curious, any ice forming yet?

Freak
12-03-2009, 10:00 AM
As of 11-29 the only ice on the Flowage was in the really shallow areas. Some of the ponds in the area were completely covered with ice.

MuskieRandy
12-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Friday 12-4, ice was forming on the main bodies. The deeper sections were still water. Trude, Merkle, Bastine, and Turtle were still open water. Friday the ice was pretty thin. I threw small rocks out and they would punch right through. However, with the cold daytime temps, the ice is forming fast. Today the deeper sections were icing over. The ice near shore was firming up. Today I was able to heave a 7" diameter boulder out, and it did not break through, but it made a dent.

The ice is not safe yet, you'd have to be nuts to go out now. You can tell by looking at the ice it is very inconsistent in thickness. Patience....

DonH
12-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry Randy but my question is regarding the weather more than the ice. Just wondering if you got clobbered with snow from that storm Tuesday and Wednesday. Hoping for a lot of snowfall up there this winter to get the TFF off to a good start next spring.

MuskieRandy
12-21-2009, 07:12 AM
Ice is quite variable; 4"-12" !! ATV's and snowmobiles are out, and shacks are being dragged out. Some slushy areas. I would use caution still with any vehicle, especially in areas you don't know. Managed 2 little "I"s and a northern.

RodBend'r
12-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Fished the north end Saturday. My buddy got a wet leg in 10 f.o.w........ Ice was 1" - 5" with a norm of 4". Lots of water and slush on top. Managed a few walleyes off tip-ups with sucker minnows.

RodBend'r
12-30-2009, 01:32 PM
How's the ice and slush as of late? I've got a 7 mile snowmobile ride to where I'd like to fish tomorrow afternoon..... wondering if I should attempt it, or not?

Freak
12-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Kat from the Deer Lodge reported this morning that the flowage is marked from The Gateway to Donner’s, and the rest will be done in the next day or two. She said there is some slush out there and the trail is rough due to the ruts.

The Don
01-05-2010, 08:57 AM
hey guys heading up there on Thursday wondering if everybody is getting around the flowage ok. All that snow and slush froze in one big block and made the lake real nice to travel on around here in the Medford area. the fishing is slow but thats ok the beer stayed cold. hope to get into some good crappie and walleye action up there any info would be helpful but I know nobody want to give up there hot spots.

pocho
01-13-2010, 08:21 AM
I was up last weekend 1/9 and had about 14 inches of ice where I was fishing. I drove out appproximately 200 yards and hit some slop. So I didn't go out any further. Is anyone else driving out yet with vehicles? I went to fishermans and it seemed as though all the vehicles were parked in the lot? I couldn't see any vehicles from the landing, only atv's and snowmobiles.
I did catch a few eyes though so the trip was well worth it.
Couldn't get the perch to bite, they seemed to have lock jaw.
Mark

The Don
01-13-2010, 10:45 AM
hey guys just got back from up there the ice is very up and down i wouldn't go on there with out a four weeler or sled. it seemed that were there was slush there was only 4 inc. of ice but some spots its over a foot. good luck.
the fishing was very bad. we had 11 guys and caught 8 fish over three days i am not in a hurry to go back up there good luck