PDA

View Full Version : Reports

Esox masquinongigantis
10-30-2009, 03:50 PM
How has the fishing been?? Midterms and 8-10 hour days of fishing never mix well.... Has the lake raised significantly more with the rain??

Chad Cain
10-30-2009, 05:02 PM
I was out yesterday for a full day trip. It was strange at least for us. We didn't move a fish for the first six hours, then saw six from 2:00 pm to 3:30, then nothing after that. My client got a 43" on a fig 8, then lost two more on the figure 8. I had two fish hit out on Mag Nutbusters, and lost them both right away. Like an idiot, I forgot to check the hook and it was dull. Kind of pissed at myself since one of the fish was in the upper 40's. KEEP YOUR HOOKS SHARP!!!

I bet the lake is going to be super muddy anywhere a bigger creek comes in. That is a ton of rain in the last 24 hours. I woke up to my backyard completely underwater this morning.

Capt Kranz
10-30-2009, 05:13 PM
Hey guys hopefully you are having plenty of bizz fishing for these brutes! I'm a Local I live 5 minutes away from Johnson Creek. I have grown such a huge obsession for these dudes! Have so many questions on this species of fish. I'm Curious do these guys go deep when it gets freezing temperatures our do they stay shallow in the colder months in Southern Illinois. Not really sure when to fish for them deep or shallow. I know one thing, this fish are absolutely amazing to catch. I know Al Nutty and Josh Ebersohl have volunteered me an extreme amount of information on catching these Brutes! Can't wait to hit the lake again! I'm a River Boat Capt.. Im home for 14 days. Needless to say my G3 is busy all year! Wish You and Your Crew tons of buisness on Kinkaid!!

Esox masquinongigantis
10-30-2009, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the report Chad. I can definetly agree with short intense feeding windows and in between not even seeing a fish for hours. It has been like that all fall for me.

chasintail
10-30-2009, 07:26 PM
My FL fishing buddy would remind me on the tough days, "thats why they call it fishin and not catchin". Smart ass!

Esox masquinongigantis
11-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Chad-
I appreciate the heads up on the spinnerbait bite....IT SURE MADE MY SATURDAY AFTERNOON!!! A friend and I fished from 12:30-6 yesterday. For the first two hours I saw one on a Burt but it was a slow, lazy follow. Around 2:30ish by buddy Chris put a 48" HOG in the boat on a firetiger M &G. About 10 minutes later I got a 37"er on a Black/Nickel M & G on the FIGURE 8! So I got my first on the 8 on Kinkaid and the biggest fish in my boat this year!!! After that.....the fishing went dead.....but we really did not mind. It was my friend's 2nd musky ever landed....and he is going to have a hard time catching a PB in southern IL. The feeding windows sure are INTENSE!!!
Pics to come if I can reformat the pixel size

Esox masquinongigantis
11-01-2009, 05:36 PM
I cannot seem to upload the pics, so they can be found @ this link:
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2930302570083767820LDYrPR