PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Update 10-30-9

Justin Mullins
10-30-2009, 05:46 AM
Sorry for not posting until Friday I know a lot of people make plans by now if they are coming this way or not. The beautiful weather this week has made for some pretty decent fishing. One day we will raise 8 or 10 with a shot at one or two and then the next day we may only raise 2 or 3 with no shots at anything. For the most part the biggest majority of the fish have been 40 or better. I really have not seen anything below 34.

The fish are still a little bit scattered. I know I keep posting this line but I will explain and you can judge for yourself. With water level down 3 feet most of the weeds are on the surface. With the patches of weeds in most areas around the flats you can work your boat in and around them we are picking fish up in 2 feet of water to the outside of those patches in 12 feet of water. I have moved big fish all week in both areas. When we move in I'm throwing a Cowgirl, Muskie Pete 1 oz spinnerbait, Top Water. When I move out I'm throwing Medussa, Cowdussa, Bull Dawg, Super Stalker. There are weeds all over the place with some dying off but a lot still really green fish are in both types of weeds but if you find really green weeds you will see or catch a fish.

The water temp is 61-62 it varies depending on were you are. Beaver is a little cooler upper 50's. Water clarity is pretty clear for the most part.

Trolling has produced some good fish in last couple of days. I know of a couple 50's coming off this pattern. It's the time of year when you can't go wrong by doing some trolling with the fish in transition moving out with the water level going down and water temp. Both of the deals will move fish out into deeper water. I heard of a 50 caught yesterday trolling a Cowgirl Jr..

Medussas will be in Friday afternoon ( I was promised this time) so make sure you stop in and check those out. Also we have some Big Daddy jerk baits coming to we use to have these several years ago great versital bait you can cast it and troll it if you want. Full line of Cowgirl baits from Baby Girls to Double Cowgirl in various colors.

Don't be upset about the weather moving in this weekend this will really get those fish moving and feeding so make sure you are here.. The wind is going to blow but this will make things happen..

Good luck this weekend if you come this way, make sure you stop in and say hi and I will see you on water..