PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report

DonH
10-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Hi everyone.

I was up at the TFF last week Friday and Saturday with my 2 sons and my son-in-law for a last weekend on the flowage (I'm typing this with my nose as my fingers are still frozen!).

The fishing was a blast.....the actual catching, not so good. Friday was a bust. No wind made it a little comfortable being in a boat all day (we packed lunches both days and stayed out until after dark), but it made for tough fishing, at least in the areas we fished on Friday. Count - 0 walleyes.

Saturday also was little or no wind (and a balmy 43°), but since we decided to fish the channels and stay in deep water, the calm conditions worked out. Caught walleyes and big perch on jigs with either minnows or Gulp. I caught the deepest fish in 25' of water on a jig and 4" Gulp. It was also the biggest fish at just short of 17". Count - 8 walleyes.

We've also decided to bag the October trip as the weather has been really lousy all 4 years we've done this. From now on it's spring and September only.

Good luck to all those who fish hard water. See you next year.

ff oldtimer
10-20-2009, 03:06 PM
don i agree with you oct is more famine then feast sticking with aug and sept and no gloves or longjohns