PDA

View Full Version : Oct 15th Report

Rob Manthei
10-14-2009, 01:16 AM
With the cooler weather, muskies are really getting their move on. I've fished 3 different lakes(and types) over the last 3 days, and found the water temps are pretty much the same, around 47 to 48 degrees.

Muskies are active and feeding windows have been around moonset and during sudden weather changes(lately, snow squawls)...

Large Bulldawgs, Shumway Giant Spinnerbaits, and DD's are producing follows and eaters for me....however, quick-set suckers on the best rig ever(don't have a name for it yet) is so far the best.

Yesterday during the all day snow affair we didn't see a fin until moonset and then had 4 sucker hits in 26 minutes which resulted in a super fat 45.5" and a 39", with another getting off at the boat and a drop.

Today was a very special day. I was out with Tony Enger(who until today never caught a tiger musky)....well he did it not once, but three times....40.5, 41.5 and 42.5....2 on suckers and one on a Mag Bull Dawg.

I am fishing deep weed edges and center rock structures....the 5 fish in the last 2 days have come from 15 to 28 feet of water.....mostly near bottom.

I would look for this action to stay constant for the rest of the week and weekend.

Check the pics.

As stated, the action continues......Here's 3 more from Tony and Dawn.....we also released an undersized and lost one more.....today was 75% artificials and 25% live bait...

The actions continues.....Bryce(6 yrs old).....got his first and second muskies today...36 and 34

Good Luck!

stu escher
10-14-2009, 09:06 AM
wow...nice job Rob & Tony

bobkeel
10-14-2009, 04:56 PM
now Rob just wondering you were fishing with a sucked yesterday when you caught your fish, just wondering how many bite marks Tony has in him now.

ksauers
10-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Here I am stuck at work . I'll be up Friday for some sucker dragging and eye jigging . Deep water rocks in the fall,my favorite. May come over for a fish fry. The weather conditions looked perfect.

Jim L
10-15-2009, 03:59 AM
Rob,

Care to show a pic of the "Best rig Ever". I'm bringing my boys up to try to catch a ski and could use all the help I can get. Probably see you Friday night at the fish fry.

Rob Manthei
10-15-2009, 06:48 AM
Stop in Friday night and I'll show you....

stu escher
10-15-2009, 08:18 AM
Congrats on another great day Rob, Tony and Dawn!

Reading Bob's post makes me feel dumb...kind of like reading Shakespeare...I know it is English but I don't understand it.

Mr Musky
10-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Congrats on the nice fish to all! Rob looks like you have them dialed right in! Please keep us posted on how the bite progesses.

Thanks!
Craig

dblj
10-16-2009, 02:03 PM
wow what beautiful pictures great fish guys. i have to stop coming on here im gonna end up cutting off the shrink wrap and putting the batteries back in the boat!!! Great pics,,,also fibbers best fish fry in the north woods gotta get there earlier so im not waiting outside