PDA

View Full Version : 58" & 50" caught during Vermilion Dam lodge outing on Lake vermilion over the weekend

Dustin Carlson-Muskie Guide MN
10-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give everyone a up date on the Vermilion Dam Lodge muskie outing over this weekend.

We had a wonderful cold front blow thru on Fri night giving us 2 " of snow on our boat come saturday morning and 30-40 mph winds. But the Muskies still were in feel mode.

We caught in my boat a 50"er on Sunday to top our weekend off, she ate a perch 10" beleiver in the prop wash.

http://edtausk.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/58-inch-musky-009.jpg?w=450

Also a huge congrads to Randy Porubcan caught a monster & state record 58"x29" girth appx 55-60 lbr. She ate a 14" firetiger jake, simply a monster and big congrads, Bob guided his clients to a 39" trolling also and another 41 was caught too. Tough conditions but a few monsters caught.

Also clients I guided earlier in the week got a 51 twitching a big game twitch bait.

So congrads to the muskie fisherman the stuck it out in the tough conditions to put a few big girls in the boat.

Big thanks to Ed at VDL for putting on a great weekend for the outing and look forward to it next year!!!

Attached is the pic of the 50 we got on sunday.

Attached is the 50" we got on sunday

I still have a few openings this fall if anyone is interented in search of a Big Lunge this fall on lake vermilion or in the Duluth area.

Dustin Carlson
Northland Muskie Adventures Guide Service
218-464-0649