PDA

View Full Version : Fishin Report 10-12-9

Justin Mullins
10-12-2009, 05:37 AM
Cave Run has really put out the fish so far this fall. Big fish all over the place. Everyone has had shots at really big fish. The last week has been up and down for me. The water temp right now is 68-69 great temp and the fish are still scattered out. I still have picked up fish on the inside weed line and outside as well. For the last week I have had some topwater finally. The lake is clear until you get really shallow and it will be a little darker. Every spot out there has fish on it. Of course the flats have produced more than anywhere. This week should be really good now that the cold front has finally past and things look stable this wee until Friday.

This past Friday I lost probably one of the biggest fish I have ever seen in this lake on a Medussa. This fish hit on a figure 8 and I fought this thing for 5 minutes and it got off. No question 52-53". Heartbreaker!!! The bait choices have not changed much at all. Topwater early and late, Medussa, Cowgirl, and the last few days slow rolling a Meat and Potatoe spinner bait, and a Hell Hound jerk bait. All of these baits have produced fish all week for me.

We got some more small medussa's coming in along with some big one's. We have some big one's left but more on the way. Make sure you stop in and check things out.

Congratulations to my good friend and guide here at Crash's Landing Jamey Barber on his really fat 47" taken on a top raider.