PDA

View Full Version : Show Ideas

Mr Musky
10-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Hey John,

Love the show, you were asking about what we'd like to see more of and I think there's alot of us musky fisherman out there that would like to see more musky episodes. The stuff with Marc Thorpe and the Eagle Lake shows are finamilal! And I really enjoy them but I sure miss the days when you and Pete Maina shot all those show's up in Hayward and even the early Minnesota days on Leech. I know it's hard to catch musky's anytime and none the less get enough to fill a show but even if you just spent the half hour really talking about what your doing and what not that would make a great show. I think some more show's with Pete,Rob, Lee Tauchen and maybe some new and upcoming guides in different areas of Wisconsin would be awesome. And getting back to the Hayward days with Pete and Tex would rock!

Thanks,
Mr Musky

ToddM
10-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Hard to complain about the show as it is my favorite. If I were to nit pick, perhaps more musky shows around the state of wisconsin as said above, hayward, boulder junction, ect that used to be in the mix before. Keep up the great work.

Captron9
10-12-2009, 02:05 PM
John, don't change a thing. The fish and the weather dictate where you fish from week to week. That's what we all should do. Research and planning before you decide where to go, helps you catch more fish. I enjoy watching every week. We set the DVR for every show so we never miss it!

T-Squared
10-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Waters and Woods is the only show I DVR each week. I would'nt change a thing.

Ryan Erdmann
10-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Howdy Folks!

This is Ryan the Photographer, and I hope everybody is doing well, and catching lots of slobs!

People have been asking about Northern Wisconsin Muskie shows for a quite a while now, and I'm excited to announce that we'll be up in the Hayward area with Pete Maina in the coming weeks, and of course the show will air very shortly after that as always.

Cheers! and Good Fishing!

Ryan

Mr Musky
10-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Awesome! Cant wait to see that episode!

Thanks Ryan!

And Cheers to you as well!

Mr Musky

mad trapper
10-31-2009, 09:21 AM
Guess Im gonna have to get a DVR.

Get Hooked
12-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Will there be any early ice panfish segments? I love muskies and walleyes as much as the next guy, but dont get to see much panfishin on the ice. Big Dave showed us some crappie action on the water these last couple seasons, but sure would like to see some gill/perch/crappie ice action. Even mid season to late ice.

william bennett
12-13-2009, 02:10 PM
i agree too the older days of hayward time were awsome shows, i wish john would put some of the older shows on www..myoutdoorstv.com website i like that you can watch alot of shows that u dont normaly see or you can view them over and over..

i know pete and john have to get to indiana sometime and do a show, its been several years since they have been here...bill

Muskybill1
12-19-2009, 04:11 PM
I have enjoyed the shows over the past 10 years, and made time on Saturday am here in Chicago to watch the show, and fortunately, DVRs made life more flexible.

I have fished with many of the guides on the show with Great success. They are all first class and have rebooked several each year, and will continue to do so in the future.

Living in Chicago, my buddies and I like to find fishing areas with a 3-4 hour ride from home, so I thought some of the audience would like some ideas for trips I have experienced.

1. Fall fishing Lakers in IN, had 32 fish in 4 hours with a very good guide in late November, fish went 10-22 lbs. Some bonus skamania show up.

2. Spring perch and shaker fishing in southern Lake Michigan, within 20 minutes of downtown Chicago. April perch went 12-14 inches this year, we had 60 shakers on in 4 hours of morning fishing in early April.

3. Late May Lake Webster Musky fishing, season a bit earlier than northern WI.

4. Night casting for big walleyes, Lake Erie and Sturgeon Bay.

Keep up the good work.

MuskyBill1@aol.com

Get Hooked
12-23-2009, 10:52 AM
loved the crappie fishin on ice. thanks! and i also loved the segment on filleting pike. stuff like that is why i dont miss a show. i'm sure there will be a perch episode on green bay or winnebago coming up. cant wait. i know alot of serious fishermen watch the show, but so do alot of beginners. thanks for trying to squeeze in some tips and what and hows. i think a little more focus on how to find could be helpful. dropoffs, points, flats, deep, shallow, weeds....i try to help people on the ice, especially when they have kids with. maybe discuss the importance of a lake map and what to look for. sometimes people need to see you holding a map, and actually seeing you point to a shallow flat next to deep water or somethin, i just think it helps, and others could experience better fishing.

steelheadwarrior
01-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Hey John you should have a contest online here that a couple of us can win a fishing trip fishing with you. Im sure alot of your fans like me would enjpy to go out fishing with you and slam a nice fish with you and have a johnsonville brat with you.

Muskie Nut
01-31-2010, 12:02 PM
You got to love the way Dale Shoeshine decorates his permanent shacks.:D

The pics alone will warm you up.;)