PDA

View Full Version : Kil'r Eels

Esox masquinongigantis
10-07-2009, 07:14 PM
I know these eels seem to be a fairly popular bait on Kinkaid. What size does everyone like..the 8" or 13". It seems the 13" has a lot more body for better action but it also seem that the hooking percentage would be a lot worse because of the lack of a hook in the back 1/3 of the bait...

Motox
10-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Are you talking about the rubber Bill Dance type of eels? I was out this afternoon had one hit a large jointed pike but broke the line pretty new to the muskie scene....

Esox masquinongigantis
10-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Motox-
No what I am talking about are actually a true muskie/pike bait. They have a similar action to a giant slug-go if you are familiar with those.

Chad Cain
10-09-2009, 11:22 AM
I have done really well on Kinkaid with the smaller 8" Killer Eel. They are a great bait to twitch when fish don't feel like chasing the fast moving stuff. Great cold front baits too.

AWH
10-12-2009, 01:35 PM
I've got a great deal on the Kilr Eels at Musky Tackle Online while they last.

http://www.muskytackleonline.com/acatalog/copy_of_Miscellaneous_Bargain_Buys.html

Just $7.99 for the 8"ers and $11.99 for the 13".

Aaron

Esox masquinongigantis
10-12-2009, 03:38 PM
AWH...SHHHHHHH Haha
That is where I saw them and was going to pick up a few....
1) Thank you very much for the reply Chad.
2) Congrats Scott and Chris...The Top GUN awayrd is quite an accomplishment considering all the excellent musky fisherman who fish the PMTT!!
-Matt