PDA

View Full Version : Mille Lacs update10/5

Paul Schlagel
10-05-2009, 11:49 AM
The bite over the past few days has been variable, but generally slow. The weather for the past 7 or 8 days has been unsettled, windy, crappy, wet, and rough. The hot bite of September has definitely slowed. The last few days the bite has been up and down. Friday was slow. Saturday was pretty hot but we put nothing in the boat. There were fish moving all over - weeds and rocks. We has a grab that was on a couple seconds and another that was hooked longer but we did an LDR on that one too. Yesterday was slow with a follow and a mystery grab that didn't hook up - all that action for 12+ hours in crappy weather. You've gotta love fall fishing. All joking aside, I do love it and I am fired up! I don't have a guide trip today but am heading out for the afternoon and Primetime with a friend. I'm optimistic that the bite will be better today when the barometer starts to dip before the leading edge of the approaching front.

The surface temp yesterday was 54. There is below-normal cold weather forecast for the next week and the water temperature will continue to drop. The cisco migration and super whopper muskies are just around the corner.

If it's rough and crappy - don't be a wuss. Go fish.