PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report 10-5-9

Justin Mullins
10-05-2009, 05:17 AM
To start with we would like to thank everyone at the Kentucky Silver Musky Club for letting us host their outing this weekend. That is always fun and great conversations with everyone.

Also congratulations to the winners. I came out with 4 but nothing over 40"

Now down to business.. Fish are really scattered from one end to other, inside weeds, outside weeds. Right now a big fish can be anywhere. The lake is in great shape with a little bit of color out by the flats due the waves and lake falling a little bit exposing the dead weeds, other than that great shape. I did notice the last couple of days it seems to be an evening bite for me. We moved fish through the day but really not aggressive then in the afternoon they were. This can change daily so it's hard to pin point that unless your here all the time or here for the whole day until dark.

Bait choices are really pretty much the same for me. Cowgirls, Medussa, Bull Dawg, Meat and Potatoe 10's, and every now a then a topwater. The topwater action has been pretty slow for me. The rest of the lures mention have produced great. The fishing is only going to get better and better for the next month. Make plans to get here and fish.

The flats are loaded with right now. The tricky part is some fish are really shallow and some are out on the weed edges. This is where you just have to gamble a little bit. If I get on a spot were I can double work it then I will start out and then go in if not I will start out and if no luck then I will move in going on down the weed line.

Good luck fishing if you get out there. Make sure you stop in we have a whole line of Cowgirls, Medussa's, Meat and Potatoe and more..