PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Reports?

jmdavis
10-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Fished on Saturday from 7:45 am until 4:00 pm. Windy and cooler. Air temps never hit 70. Water temps started at 64 and warmed up to 70 in the backs of coves by the time I left the water. Had action from 4 fish. Thanks to Scott Donovan for his posts and advice. Caught 2 fish - a 28" on the figure 8 (hit on the 5th figure 8) and a 38". All of the action came before noon. Anyone else hit the water?

Fiddler
10-05-2009, 11:04 AM
We got on the water about 8 and fished till 6. We really had them going between 11 and 2:30. Altogether we had five bites, we boated a 45 1/2 and lost a GIANT, with four coming on bucktails and one on a jerkbait. The giant I'd put in the low-50 inch range. She dwarfed the 45 I caught 30 minutes later.

The fish were biting funny though. They would charge the lures and then just nip the tails, which is why we didn't boat more -- we couldn't get a good hook-up. I watched the 45 rush up to the lure and then almost stop to nip just the tail. Just weird.

We talked to a few other boats. Most moved a couple on either jerkbaits or jigs.

http://www.flwoutdoors.com/_storage/community/users/images/1/0/3853/24194.JPG

Esox masquinongigantis
10-05-2009, 02:32 PM
My buddy and I were out 11am-7pm Saturday....1 43" on a DCG and a 1 34" on a jerkbait. Sunday we saw a few fish early then it went until 4pm when we saw a few good fish....which did the exact same as Fiddler described...came in extremely hot and then almost stopped or just barely snapped at the back of the bait. Ending up losing 2 on Sunday and this am my partner was out and boated 2 in a few hours. Fiddler I am guessing you were the guys from Kentucky in the Kellogg's wrapped Ranger?? I was in my buddy's Tidecraft.

Scott Donovan
10-05-2009, 03:48 PM
I was not out at all this weekend. Sucks to be me I guess. I'm leaving for the PMTT championship at 5pm today and thought I would check in. Seems like the fishing is still good...lol Nice fish guys and I have no doubt you saw a low 50 inch fish. Same hear the last couple days...At least you got her to eat. NICE JOB!

Jake/Fidler/Esox..Nice fish!

Fidler- One thing I do when they are nipping is burn chatter baits. The rear hook does wonders...Right Craig? lol

chasintail
10-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the report. Could not make it to the lake this w/e as had relative from Florida come in. Making the journey next weekend.

agray11
10-06-2009, 02:02 PM
I was with Fiddler and yes I was the one who let the 50 get away, and yes we were in the Kellogs boat. We had a great day, and are looking forward to coming back. We talked to alot great guys on the water Saturday, good luck to all of you the rest of the year!!!