PDA

View Full Version : Fall fishing is finally here!

Paul Schlagel
10-01-2009, 09:26 AM
September's stable, summer-like weather produced the best fishing of the year (so far), but has finally given way to some autumn weather. I love hot weather, night fishing, and summer - but this is the time of year that really gets my blood pumping. Mille Lacs gives up it's biggest fish of the year in October and November. The weather in October is still fairly mild most of the time and the big fish are there; the weather in November is worse (obviously), but the potential for monster fish is crazy-exciting. Personally, I have a hard time sleeping in November - the monster muskies I see in my head often keep me awake. I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true. Anyone whe has been awake the night before the deer-hunting opener knows the feeling.

Last year's tragedy on Mille Lacs should keep everyone mindful of safety. Don't fish alone, it isn't worth the risk. Be careful on the icy carpeting.

I'll try to post some tips on fall fishing when we get a bit further when the water cools a bit more and we get into true fall period.

Be safe. Good luck.