PDA

View Full Version : Algae problem?

Blind Robin
10-01-2009, 06:40 AM
Wow, that algae problem up in Chetek was really bad this year! I have a friend that lives on Pokegama, and he ended up moving into his camper and living on the road because he said that the stench was so bad that he just couldn't take it anymore.

I usually don't pay much attention to what's going on up there, but this just sounds crazy! And I also don't imagine that there are many people willing to fish there, if it's as bad as it sounds.

I read that this algae problem is effecting alot of lakes this year. I haven't noticed anything in and around lake Mohawksin, but that's probably due to the fact that there is always a current moving through the lake.

Anyone here notice an algae problem in any of the Tomahawk area lakes?

I don't always drink beer.
But when I do.................
I prefer Red White and Blue!

Stay thirsty my friends.
;) Blind Robin

mperrin
10-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Several weeks ago on the Spirit it was as bad as I've ever seen it. With the wind out of the southwest the water down by the mill looked like pea soup.
Don't imagine the low water level and not much current coming in are helping matters.

Blind Robin
10-01-2009, 09:02 PM
You're right about the low water levels, it has been a rough year for that.

I was reading that peoples dogs were getting sick and some even died from swimming in some of these places with algae problems!

Some good rain and cold weather like the kind we had last night, should put a stop to it.

I don't always drink beer.
But when I do................
I prefer Red White and Blue!

Stay thirsty my friends.
;) Blind Robin