PDA

View Full Version : 9/12-9/20 report

Luke McGarry
09-23-2009, 11:18 AM
I got to spend another week on the Rock last week. Fishing picked up a bit for me. I got a mixed bag of fish, but I have to say that the Walleye bite picked up quite a bit.

In some of my previous posts I spoke about not catching any walleyes this year. My wife and I fish almost exclusively for the walleye, but usually catch just about everything else. However, each day that was fished last week usually netted 3-6 walleyes. Out of the whole week we had 3 keepers plus one 21.5 incher that was released. These were the only keepers this year for us. So for us, it was a turnaround.

Almost all walleyes were caught deep in 9 to 13 feet of water. I tried shallower in as shallow as 5 feet, but only had one shortie in the 5-9 foot range. The last bite we had on Saturday was a double for us. Both were shorties. It was fun though. We were using deep diving cranks of different types and colors. Dark colors, greens with orange/red bellies, got us the most bites.

Only two more fishing weekends for us on the Rock this year, then we will be closing up a little early for the year. Enjoy!