PDA

View Full Version : Sucker Bite

Mr Musky
09-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Hey Range,

Have you been beat'em up on Suckers yet? I know the water temps have been high but I have heard of guys having success on them this past weekend. I myself didn't have any willing biters this past weekend but I did have a nice upper 30 inch fish swim along side of my sucker for about a hundred yds. I would swing the sucker around and up down and side to side and she stayed right with it the entire time. Cant wait till they start pounding the meat.

Mr Musky

Mr Musky
09-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Well the sucker bite must not be going. No need for me to stop in and get suckers this weekend.

Mr Musky

Ranger Rick
09-28-2009, 07:42 PM
I was on Lac Seul last week when you posted and I just got back after running my late September houseboat trip. Conseqently I couldn't answer you about suckers.

The time is now, cold weather just hit us and the long dark windy nights are cooling us down, finally. Suckers are definitely going to be working the rest of this week and the rest of the month.

See you up north.

Ranger Rick

Mr Musky
09-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Thanks Range!

Eaglepark
09-29-2009, 12:32 PM
This past Saturday while fishing on the Eagle Chain, I had an awesome attack on a sucker. Only my errors prevented me from catching the fish - before I could set the hook the fish dropped the sucker. Looking at the sucker you could tell the musky had it broadside. In addition, a musky missed a topwater, another came to look at a crankbait boatside, and at the end of the day caught a fat 38" musky on the same crankbait. Action on 4 fish in about 3 hours of fishing.