PDA

View Full Version : The Rock 9/5

Luke McGarry
09-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Ahhh, nice weather this past weekend. Marie and I started out fishing about 11am Saturday. I wanted to try the Trestle for any species that might be lurking there, but came up specieless. Had one hit, but no hookups. We just gave it one pass casting jigs and tails and then moved on.

With hopes of a white bass run at the dam, we proceeded up river to the no wake zone to have lunch and then fish. We started at the power chute and drifted down to the no wake bouys. I was casting blade baits and my wife was drifting a jig & tail. Neither one of us had any hits. I didn't see anyone else pulling anything out either. Jerry: was that you beaching it up there with three other women? Sharp looking boat if it was.

I tried a spot for Northerns further down with no luck either. We didn't have our hearts in the fishing that day and didn't expect much with all the pleasure boaters. It was rough travel with the fishing boat, so we took the pontoon out on Sunday instead. The pontoon is strictly for party and party we did. :-)

Reporting about other anglers I spoke with that fished the weekend: One party caught 47 and 43 white bass on Sat/Sun respectively. He didn't share how he fished but I took it that he was slowly pulling something while moving around. (My wife does that to me when we go shopping.) I believe he caught below the Buckhorn state park and also above the CR dam.
Another party caught 4 shorties (half inch short) and several crappies in the Southern part of Buckhorn Bay. (Buckhorn Bay is the side of the lake west of the old towers - now submerged and marked danger). He is usually off the water by noon.
Heard of a large Northern being caught, but don't have any details. One friend caught a keeper walleye.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of the warmth and good fishing to y'all.

Luke

Jerry Tipping
09-08-2009, 11:24 AM
That wasen't me Luke I only made it out on Monday and that was on "Pete". Lot of short walleyes and some nice white bass.

Jerry