PDA

View Full Version : Hot action Mohawksin

Silverspring
09-08-2009, 05:50 AM
Just got back from one of my best fishing trips to date! I've got to give a great BIG - Thank You to Lucas and his brother Kenny for showing me a great time in Tomahawk. And I can't forget to thank Kenny's wife - Marci for all of her hospitality and delicious home cooking! She made some of the most scrumptious dogfish meals that I have ever eaten in my entire life and that's the truth!

I don't think that I could have picked a better week to chase dogs than this last week. For the most part, the weather was great and the fish were as active as I've ever seen. With the help of Lucas and Kenny, they had me on fish all the time. There was one day that we boated 17 dogfish!!!!
It was unbelievable! Almost all the fish were released, except for a few. Most fish were between 20 to 25 inches and we caught a number of big fish,- 27 to 28 inch throughout the week. and one hog that went 30 inches on last Thursday. Everything came on shrimp and gut up blue gills. It was my first time trying cut up blue gills and they worked very well.

The record still swims. But I don't think that record will stand for long. After last week, I have to agree with Lucas that the Mohawksin is where the record is at.

Dave, we tried the pond behind your shop and sure enough, we were able to pull 2 dogs out of the weeds. Thanks for the tip!

Lucas lake
09-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Silverspring thanks for the nice words. It was a pleasure having you in the boat. The weather was just perfect. I can tell you that it was one of the best fishing days that I can recall. Usaully a 4-5 fish day is good. Wish I was able to stay up a couple of more days but work is picking up again and cutting into my fishing time. I'm hoping to make it up again this weekend for a day in a half of fishing if all goes well. Private message me if you are able to get back to Tomohawk and we'll do it again. You can count on Kenny having a cold Blatz waiting for you. Next time will try and get some eyes and Bullheads(would you agree, pretty damn good when smoked) along with chasing the record dogfish. These next 4-6 weeks should be very good, with the cold nights(are able to find the dogs in shallow bays late morning and afternoon on warm sunny days.). Thanks again and hope to do it all again soon.

Silverspring
09-23-2009, 12:33 AM
Hi Lucas.

Been very busy lately, sorry for the late reply. Anyhow, I'm looking at the second week of October for my next trip. I'll be sure to drop you a message about my plans.

I'm still really psyched from the last trip! I sure would enjoy it if your brother Kenny could spend some more time on the water with us, too. You're really blessed to have such a great brother like Kenny. Not only was he one of the nicest and most hospitable people that I've ever met, but he also has this incredible knack for finding the fish and then instinctively knows exactly what to do to catch them! He's a great guy with a very lovely wife. I felt so privileged to have been invited into their home and treated like family.

I wish that I had a brother like that, but, as I had shared with you and Kenny before, my brother DJ is just so self absorbed that he doesn't make time for anyone other than himself and his banker. The last time that I invited him to go fishing with me, he said "no thanks, I think that there's a few walls that need painting and I'm going to do that instead" Now, tell me, who in the hell would pick painting over fishing any day? Unfortunately, my brother would, that's who.

Hopefully, on this next trip we will be able to get together again and this time put a record bowfin in the boat. Wouldn't that be something!