PDA

View Full Version : Labour Day Weekend Primer

Justin Gaudry
09-05-2009, 08:28 AM
The sun has been out for more than a week and the air temps have been 15 degrees above normal. Instead of 66 degrees, we've had in the 80's. Fish activity has been a little slow for some in the hot sunshine, but others have been doing well seeing fish the last couple of days.

The best reports are coming from those hitting sand/weeds as the primary structure. Rocks are working well with weeds nearby. The bigger fish have been following double 10's being retrieved over the tops of the weeds.

A guide I chatted with said the best walleye action was coming from sandy points in 14-22 feet of water. People have still been fishing some reefs as well and picking up a few. Not as hot a bite on the rocks as has been previously.

Getting a few crappies, but the bite isn't hot yet according to a few anglers that have been out looking.

I'll be away this weekend, but will have some friends/guests out on the water so should have some useful information after things wrap up for the holiday.

Get out on the water and enjoy the weekend weather. I'll give a post holiday weekend report when I return and gather some intel.

Cheers.