PDA

View Full Version : Heading Home....... KC Here we Come.

FishGirl
09-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Well we are packing up tonight to head back to Kansas City Tomorrow morning.... Boo Hoo I am sad! We have had a GREAT week up here on Cass Lake like we usually do! The weather has been wonderful and we could not have asked for a better time to be here!

We found some GREAT hotspots for Walleye fishing and ended up getting our limits several times. The last couple of years never really panned out for catching them, but this was the Best year ever! Rick (my husband) ended up getting his all time best Walleye while we were here at it weighed 6lbs & was 21 in long! All I have to say is WOW it was Huge! I ended up getting it netted just in time as the line broke just as it hit the net. (see picture attached).

We also ended up with several Pike and Perch as well on this trip so as you can see we had a great week!

I have to say that if you are looking for a nice place to stay, you ought to see our great friends at Allen's Bay / Sunset Cove Resort! They are awesome and they have the Best place to stay.

We also ventured out to several neighboring lakes and found them to hold several fish..... well they are just a little lower now since we caught some!

Anyway, I will miss being up here until next year! I wish all of the trees were in full color before we left, but I did find some Beautiful Trees that have already started changing colors... I LOVE FALL!!!!!

BlueDuck
09-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Great report FishGirl, I will be heading up to Cass Lake on the 18th. Just hope I can duplicate your stay.

gene
09-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Great report FishGirl, I will be heading up to Cass Lake on the 18th. Just hope I can duplicate your stay.

Good job Fishgirl.

Good luck Blue! We want pics!!!!

FishGirl
09-10-2009, 11:37 AM
The best place we found for Walleye is on the North Side of Cedar Island on the Flats..... We ended up getting our limit almost every night we were there. We were trolling White Crank Baits and they were eating them up all of the time!

As for the Nothern's we caught, we had awesome luck in Kitchie. My Brother in law ended up catching 10 in 1 afternoon.

We were catching most of our larger Perch up in Wolf lake right on the point which is thru Andrusia and up the Mississippi river.

Anyway, hope you have a Great time!