PDA

View Full Version : Tomahawk Fishing Report 9/4/2009

Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop
09-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Warm temps again have the fish getting active.

Panfish, Bluegills are doing very well with lots of gills in the 8 to 9 inch size. We found the gills in the shallows during the morning hours. Leaf worms and slip bobbers fished right along the weeds will get you a nice bunch of these fighters! Tasty Too!!! Mid day move out to deeper water for the bigger gills. Fish the brush or weeds with wood structure.
Crappies on Nokomis been getting better all week. Black beetle spins tossed right next to the stumps are catching fish up to 12 inches with most in the 9 to 10 inch size. Nice catches out of the Somo and the Spirit also.

Walleye's, very good catches this week, nice walleye up to 25 inches. Rapala's are hot! and I mean very hot!!! Best action all year so far on crankbaits. Early morning hours are the best, before sunrise actually from 3:30 am to 6:00 am. Shallow rock bars or shallow weedy points. The area dams are starting to produce good catches. Once again earlier is better than latter.

Bass, spinners along the wood, fish in 5 feet of water and run your lure 1 foot below the surface. Very good action. Nokomis and Mohawksin along with Alice are the hot spots this week.

Pike, Wow some big Pike this week with one over 40 inches and several in the 30 to 37 inch size. Mepps are still the bait to use in the size 4 or 5. Storm shads worked over deeper weeds are producing well also.

Muskie, nice fish in the 35 to 40 inch class, jerkbaits working best with Bobbie baits producing better than most. Lake Alice had the best action but the biggest Muskie came out of the Spirit Flowage, 45.5 inches.

Good Luck and have a safe Holiday,
Dave
Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop
Topmahawk

supra8795
09-04-2009, 11:53 AM
We went out on Alice one last time on Saturday before heading out and within 20 mins my buddy caught a 31" muskie. To bad the weather was crappy that day. Norhterns and Muskies were just about all we caught. Mepps number 4 and 5 is what we were using. I had a real big northern chase my mepps to the boat but didnt get him.