PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!!! Or... Pearson, eat your heart out.

Frank Walsh
09-03-2009, 12:19 PM
After fishing all summer like Helen Keller with a front depth finder that was right 1/3 the time. Blinking 1/3 the time, or reading 1088 feet the rest of the time, I finally got the parts I ordered from Lowrance to re-install my 102C in the front. It only took six weeks to get a power cable and transducer, but that's another story.

This only cost me untold chips in my skeg, and using the trolling motor for a curb feeler leaves a bit to be desired. But, I am now back in the 21st century.
I again have a depthfinder that not only reads correctly, but displays structure. And raising the height and changing the angle of the GPS allows me to actually read it without having to drop to my knees.

Makes a guy want to actually go fishing again. Eat your heart out Pearson. With your cheapass Humminbird, or Garmin, or whatever that piece of junk is you bought from me.

Tim Kelly
09-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Congratulations! Must feel like what Humminbird owners feel from day one! :)

Frank Walsh
09-03-2009, 12:58 PM
There's where you're wrong. They don't have to wait 6 weeks to get parts. Being told every week that the parts will be shipping within two days.

Humminbird will be mt next brand.....for sure.

Tim Kelly
09-04-2009, 01:06 AM
That was my point! :D :D :D

Wonder how Doug's getting on with his HDS stuff. Looks like they are a little more reliable, but not without plenty of issues.

dpear
09-04-2009, 07:01 AM
Been out of touch awhile.I do have a good solution.Go back to the pic a second.See the top right button,the one highest to the right?
Take a screw driver,punch it it out,then drill through with a 1/8ths bit at that point.Thread decoy or crab pot line through carefully.Meticulously secure that end with a Pearson double reverse grannie knot.Then,run off about 25 feet of line,cut it,carefully secure that end to your trolling rod holder-the same knot is recommended.
Now throw the unit overboard=Voila!!!A depth finder that works!!!!!

kdc
09-04-2009, 04:03 PM
good set up and delivery DP....

Ed Spoerl
09-06-2009, 08:03 AM
What I like about my Lowrance unit on the front deck is this…. It will tell me a good spot from a not so good spot. You see if you carefully plot out a reef with icons so you can come back during low light conditions and fish it. If you return later and the icons are gone, it’s Lowrance’s way of letting you know not to bother fishing that spot.

Brett
09-06-2009, 08:15 AM
I have a x27, about a year and a half old,,,,, every now and then the gps "module is not responding" happens...... drives me freek'n nutz,,,,, so one day,,,, I might send it float'n down the river in rage,,,, and it can "feel" the depth of the might falls as she goes over

BWold
09-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Dick:

Could you put instructions up on how to tie the Pearson reverse double granny knot? Might need it soon.

dpear
09-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Bret,
Its basically the Trilene knot without coming back through.Three loops usually but sometimes if in doubt 4,5 or even 6.
With pressure it fights back and never gives up.I think even Frank is going to it cause when I tie his boat up using it he gets all excited and sometimes even calls me an F ing genius.

NETim
09-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Bret,
Its basically the Trilene knot without coming back through.Three loops usually but sometimes if in doubt 4,5 or even 6.
With pressure it fights back and never gives up.I think even Frank is going to it cause when I tie his boat up using it he gets all excited and sometimes even calls me an F ing genius.

High praise indeed. :)

AndrewH
09-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Oh by the way Dick, one morning when I was leaving for a morning fish your lowrance on the dash was randomly on and we definitely didn't have any weird weather. I am not sure what that was about but I turned it off for you but before I did I stole some waypoints, how do you think I caught that 51, I plan on selling them to the highest bidder. I'll start taking bids now.

Muskie Junkie
09-09-2009, 07:43 AM
Hmmm, must be the same Aliens that were turning my unit on. Andrew, are you looking for hard cash or are you willing to barter? DP, I bet most of those spots were Sully's spots anyways !!!

Steve:p

dpear
09-09-2009, 07:51 AM
I'll bid to get em back.2cents,firm.
If they're Sullys spots-I'll pay to avoid them.

Frank Walsh
09-09-2009, 10:05 AM
I take it that Andrew has not discovered the I-Finder stashed in his rod locker.

Besides, Sully picks his spots from raindrops on his chart.

AndrewH
09-09-2009, 10:16 AM
You mean MY I-finder in his rod locker. Why do you think I said the learning curve has been shortened since I came to Bay Store.

AndrewH
09-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Steve I am sure we can work something out. Well have to go explore them next year if your up at the same time again. :D

Frank Walsh
09-10-2009, 07:33 AM
You and Ruhmann in a boat together???? That's a laugh. From a (SHORT) distance it would look like you were alone anyway!:rolleyes:

Muskie Junkie
09-15-2009, 07:42 AM
Andrew, Krissie and I will not be back next year due to her Daughter getting married. That will make the funds a bit tight. We are planning on coming back in 2011 and need to talk to Frank about doing it again the first week of August. Hopefully you will be up there at the same time. Frank, what??????? You think there would be wrong with the Long and the Short of it fishing all of DP's spots?????? Steve